Monday, August 11, 2008

More Peregrines













The young Peregrines are still very active on the cliff, chasing the handful of young Kittiwakes that are still present. One of the adults is giving a helping hand with catching prey, and if you click on the first image above to enlarge it you will see blood on its talons. The two juveniles feeding on the Kittiwake are actually feeding on prey that the adult caught for them then exchanged it to one of the youngsters in mid flight, hence the blood on the talons.

As I was watching all this commotion, I spotted a large raptor flying overhead and to my surprise found it was an Osprey, but just could not get my camera to my eye fast enough before it flew out of few - what a bonus.

4 comments:

Snowbabies said...

Amazing images again Steve.

Paul.

Steve Race said...

Thanks Paul. Its always fun watching and photographing the Peregrines, I just can not get enough.

Mike Randall Bird Photography said...

Great shots again Steve the Peregrine postings get better and better.
Hope to see you one Saturday at Bempton.
Regards
Mike

Steve Race said...

Thanks Mike! You know me, I love my Peregrines. It would be good to see you up at Bempton, coffee's are on me!