Saturday, November 08, 2008

Pied Wheatear - Part I














What a day! Started off with the Great Northern Diver in Scarborough Harbour, then got a Long Eared Owl at Bempton followed by 5 Bean Geese and 4 White Fronted Geese at Buckton and then if that wasn't enough, I got a call from Steve Wignall telling me that there was a Pied Wheatear at Reighton Sands.

At the time of the call I was back down at Scarborough Harbour looking for an Iceland Gull that had been reported, but had no joy so I dashed up to Reighton Sands to get the Pied Wheatear. Daylight was fading and when I arrived at Reighton it was 3.20pm so I was on a hot pursuit to nail the bird. As you can see from above I managed to get some shots, but the light was very bad. If the weather improves and the Wheatear sticks around, I might try and go back, to see if I can get some better images.

No comments: