Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hoopoe

















Got a call from Dave Mansell that a Hoopoe had turned up at Scalby Lodge Farm, I was at Bempton at the time so I made a mad dash back to Scarborough to try and find it. When I got to Scalby Lodge Farm quite a few birders had already arrived but the bird had flown over the barn towards the pond.
Eventually the bird showed and after a little bit of patience it gave some good views feeding in a field with some farmyard geese before it came a little closer on to the stone track which leads to the farm from the main road. A superb bird,only my second tick in the UK.

2 comments:

Darren AP Ward said...

Hi Steve
Good shots of the Hoopoe, we were there same time as you, but didn't know you.(but had a clue) as Dave phone you while I was with him on the King - I was with my wife Tracy. See you next time!

Any chance of a link to my mates site?

http://theyorkshirewanderingtattler.blogspot.com/

We will do the same.
Cheers

Daz Ward

Steve Race said...

Hi Daz

Thanks for your comment. Will catch up with you next time, I have added a link on my blog to your mates site.

Regards

Steve